1. I need kind of mindless blog themes to allow me to post more often. It’s hard to be an editor all day and then come home and want to blog! So thanks for starting this, Katie!
2. I won a free knitting class and am currently spending all my free time trying to make squares for a blanket. I love the practice of knitting, but I don’t love the way yarn looks. I’m also uncomfortable with the gender norms of knitting, but I feel like it’s the most stereotypical female thing I do (well besides emotional blackmail) so it’s ok.
3. Actually the real most stereotypical female thing I do is obsess about my weight and body.
4. I’m going to the Slut Walk this weekend.
5. I’m obsessed with magazines. At one point I had to go through and cancel all my subscriptions because there were too many, and I was just throwing them away, but somehow that number has creeped back up. I currently subscribe to Bitch, Runners World, Running Times, Bicycling, Vegetarian Times, and Women’s Health (it came free with RW).
6. I think Bicycling is my favorite, because I have the most to learn from it.
7. The grossest thing I do is buy the premade egg salad from Whole Foods and eat it from the container. I’m pretty sure I’m the only person who ever eats it, and it’s a little galling to pay $4.99 a pound for egg salad, but I hate touching mayonnaise and I’m lazy, so I do what I gotta do.
8. I only have 250 text messages a month and I routinely go over, but I’m waiting for Wes to come back to Verizon so we can BOTH have iPhones before I upgrade. In the meantime, if I don’t reply to your text, it’s because I’m way over and don’t think the message is worth 25 cents to send.
8. This is all I can think of. I’m still sick! But luckily my condo has a pool I can convalesce by on this beautiful day.