1. Everyone who has made a joke about the frequency of my posting is hilarious.
2. I TOLD you lake bacteria gets in your brain and makes you sick!
3. I didn’t mean for this blog to start off so surly.
4. I’m a perfectionist, which is good when you’re an editor,but bad when you’re just trying to knit 9 damn blanket squares and get your life back! My knitting class was supposed to be over this week, but they added a 4th session for next week. I celebrated by ripping out an entire square. I messed up the first row, but I thought I could finish it quickly if I just kept going. Instead I just made several more mistakes and started over from nothing this morning.
5. I think I’ve developed a Pavlovian response to running after training for a marathon while hurt. I dread running anymore, even though when I do it, it’s really easy and fun, and I’m much faster than I have been recently. But I just always expect it to hurt so badly, so I never want to do it. I need to shake that off–Sunday is 12 weeks from the Richmond half.
6. I wish I had read this article more closely before coming into work today. No wonder there was no traffic coming in on the 11Y this morning.
7. I’m trying to hire an editorial assistant and having the worst luck. It’s super frustrating, and I’m also developing a Pavlovian response to reading crappy resumes…
8. I’m obsessed with real estate. I can spend hours on Redfin, even when there isn’t much there (like now, ahem, neighbors) and when I have no intention of moving.
9. I’m also obsessed with Thai food. I eat it twice a week, pretty much without fail. Mango and sticky rice is my kryptonite.
10. I’m going wine tasting this weekend! My sis and her friends bought a groupon for a limo ride out to some wineries. I look forward to drinking without running 13 miles first.
11. Werewolf is my absolute favorite party game ever. I get really into it–something about leading angry mobs to kill innocent people just resonates with me. I went to a Werewolf party once, and at the end of the night my face hurt from smiling so much.