1. I don’t have to work today!
2. I had 144 page views on Monday. That’s a lot for me (up from like 8). I have no idea why.
3. To steal a fact shamelessly from Emily, I used to–and still sometimes do–bite my nails. It’s anxiety based, and putting nasty-tasting stuff on my nails just made me chew harder and wonder what was on my nails. (And when I was in Portland last year this woman at a bar kept coming up to me and telling me how nasty and disgusting I was being biting my nails. Lady, making me uncomfortable is NOT the best way to get me to stop.)
4. I’ll tell you guys the Ben Folds story sometime, but rest assured I have seen Ben himself play many many times. Except I think his newest music blows. I have a lot of strong feelings on the subject.
5. I’m going to see Darren Jessee, the BF5 drummer, on Sunday night, if anyone wants to join me. The music is great, and last time he held he door for me!
6. I have no formal training whatsoever as an editor. I had no idea my job even existed until I landed it. But I love it–reading for 40 hours a week is a sweet gig.
7. I don’t know why I never went to law school though.
8. When I was a kid, I aspired to be a yuppie. True story. I’m pretty sure I’ve made it, law school or not.
9. I can’t sit through movies.
10. I can, however, sit through hours and hours of TV on DVD. I just need the breaks between episodes.
11. I’ve known how to crochet since I was a kid, and I’m learning how to knit (and won’t stop talking about it), but I think things made of yarn are ugly.
12. My cousin, who is five months younger than me, just had her third kid this morning. That blows my mind.
13. My sister and I never got along as kids. Now we’re besties.
14. If I could be any kitchen utensil, I would be a Ninja. Because I would be a ninja, plus I could make smoothies!
15. As I told Liz last week, I’ve never been a bridesmaid. I was a flower girl twice, but that was a looooooooong time ago. Never a bridesmaid, never a bride.
16. This is my 198th post. What should I do for my 200th?